Hello

Welcome to my random thought process.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Watch "THE HELP"...I promise you won't want to break Sh*t.





A good drama is hard to come by, especially a good drama with black characters. By the by.. if you don't know this by now,  I am black. haha. Anyways, when I first heard about "THE HELP" I was a little apprehensive. Honestly, when I saw the trailer I cringed a little. You never know if this kind of movie is going to move you or make you want to break sh*t. I did not make me want to break sh*t,  walking out of the theater today. It is amazingly touching , funny , heartbreaking and honest. It is beautiful, really.  I am happy that I went to go see it. The cast does an excellent job of balancing the lives of all of the women and even the ones that are particularly  racist, you can see a bit of humanity in them and why they are the way they are. This movie made me really think about the dynamics of the world that my grandparents and parents lived in during this time period. It made me think of a time when people called the 50s and the 60s "the good ole days" but,  who's good days where these. Living in a world where the wrong action or word could mean loss of livelihood, imprisonment, or death. Where people can not see your humanity for the color of you skin. I  am not delusional about this part of American history and even now there is room for change, but it made me again...ever grateful for all the people of all color and stations in life that took chances...big and small so that I could be writing this blog right now and living this life I am living. 


I highly recommend "THE HELP". And to all those living and not that saw the humanity past the color of people's skin and choice to stand for something instead of falling for anything....I THANK YOU ETERNALLY. 



No comments:

Post a Comment